STYLE YOUR LIFE INTERVIEWS
Tell us a bit about your background, both work and education. How did you come to find your true passion?
I began my career as an educator and was “discovered” by a private education reform company to train and coach educators around the country to become even more effective in their teaching and leadership skills. I quickly became the youngest, female, and Latina executive in the company, and spent 12 years helping to transform schools from the inside out.
During this time, I was also coaching and mentoring women on relationship skills “on the side.” It has always been a passion of mine to help women have the relationship of their dreams. From the age of 17, I was involved in ministries and organizations that helped create loving romantic relationships.
In 2008, my sister and I founded Heart’s Desire International, LLC, after hosting several workshops where single women were attracting new love into their lives and girlfriends and wives were discovering new levels of love and intimacy in their relationships. Our first workshops were based on books written by one of our mentors, Laura Doyle, and we later began creating and designing our own workshops, including our signature program, “Ready to Love Again: Moving from Heartache to Your Heart’s Desires.”
It is our mission to ensure that every woman on the planet has the experience of loving and being loved every day of her life and that she knows that she is able to have everything her heart desires – a successful and prosperous career, the freedom to pursue and manifest her dreams, and an extraordinary loving relationship!
After reading about what it means to us to #StyleYourLife, how do you style your life? How do you customize it and make your life for you?
I believe that our lives are our own creation. We get to make them as amazing (or not) as we choose! In order to have the life and love your heart desires, you have to be clear about what you want. Otherwise, you’ll settle for what you think you can get!
I style my life by building my business around my family and the things that are important to me, not the other way around. I make a conscious decision to invest my time, energy, and attention that build me and those around me up. I surround myself with other successful and heart-centered women who are up to making a real difference in the world. And I’m 100% committed to making my life and relationship a dream come true every single day! My faith, family, and friends are what fuels my soul and helps me create a life I truly love!
Can you tell us a bit about what’s in store for your future?
We are really excited about the events and programs we have coming up in 2015! Our theme for the year is “BEing an Irresistible Woman,” and as part of The Irresistible Woman Series, we are having a live event in January called “The Love Resolution Workshop, where we will be work with women to clear the hidden barriers that have been blocking love from entering into or growing in their lives, and, once that is cleared, create their vision for love in 2015! We will also be having our 2-day Irresistible Woman Seminar in the spring, which is a seminar specifically for professional and entrepreneurial women who want to be The Invincible Woman in the workplace and The Irresistible Woman in their love lives!
We will also be offering the “Ready to Love Again” program for single ladies and launching the Falling in Love Again” program for girlfriends and wives who are seeking to reignite the love in their relationships!
Do you have any tips/tricks to share with aspiring women in business and fellow female leaders?
We specialize in working with professional and entrepreneurial women, because of some of the unique challenges we face as successful, powerful, and independent women. It’s important that to remember and embrace the “woman” in businesswoman and step into your feminine power.
Some of the tips for doing this are:
- Make your love life a priority. If you want to be in a happy, loving relationship, it’s okay to acknowledge and honor that desire. Then put even more time, energy, and attention on making that extraordinary relationship a reality!
- Be aware that some of the skills that propel and make us successful in business actually kill off intimacy in relationships. Remember: Your man doesn’t want to be “man-aged”!
- Contrary to what some women think, men are not intimidated by or scared of confident women. Men are not attracted to women who confuse confidence with arrogance and send the message “I don’t need you.” Instead, send the message, “I may not ‘need’ you, but I’d love to have you in my life.”
- Be clear about what you want to experience in a relationship. Unless you are crystal-clear about what you want, you will settle for what you think you can get. Focus on the experience you want to have, rather than on what he needs to have, do, or be so that you can remain in your power.
- Take on being “The Invincible Woman” at work and “The Irresistible Woman” in your love life! Be Alluring, Gracious, Mesmerizing, and Authentic on dates and in your relationships!
- Do something nice for yourself every day. Make it something that replenishes your mind, body, and/or spirit. If you don’t make your happiness and well-being a priority, neither will anyone else, including the man in your life.
What does it mean to be happy, to you? Can you share 5 tips to happiness?
To be happy means to be living in alignment with your core values and your purpose. It’s about creating and living a life you love!
My 5 tips to happiness are:
- Practice gratitude daily. Be grateful for the blessings and abundance you already have and you will attract more of that into your life.
- Make choices from a space of love, rather than fear. Fear-based choices are past-driven and do not allow you to create what you really want now and in the future.
- Practice self-care daily. Be loving to and put yourself FIRST (Yes, even before your partner and children!). Do something loving for yourself daily that renews your mind, body and spirit. We teach other how to treat us, so treat yourself with extreme TLC!
- Be authentic. Be who you really are with everyone. Constantly pretending to be someone or something you’re not. Plus, remember that he can’t fall or stay in love with you if YOU are not there!
- When in doubt, choose love! When you come from love, you can never go wrong. Even if you get your heart broken, you’ll have no regrets, because love is always a gift, and you’ll be honoring your desire to love and be loved!
- How would you advise other women to take control of their careers and customize their lives in all aspects?
Again, be clear about what you want and make choices that are aligned with that vision. Once you are clear about your goals and what you want to experience in your life, business, and relationship, set a daily intention of doing at least one thing each day that takes you in the disrupt your dreams. When faced with a choice or decision, ask yourself, “Will this take me a step closer to or further away from my goals and dreams?” Let the answer to that question be your compass as you navigate through the different areas of your life!
Finally, surround yourself with people who believe in, support, and will hold you accountable to making decisions and taking steps that take you in the direction of your dreams. Take counsel from those who already have the lifestyle and results you want for yourself. They have made the mistakes and decisions that have cleared the path and made the way for you much easier for you. The listen to and follow their advice with grace and gratitude.
Heart’s Desire International, LLC